Oh, and thanks for reading! The fact that you all are here and talking to me about your cooking really blows my mind.
I'm thinking about starting a series on here for meals that are super fast and super delicious so that if you want to cook and you're short on time, you have some ideas. These Mexican Pizzas are the first! The Pilot Post if you will.
I took some pita bread and spread some refried beans all over them.
Next, some chopped onion...
...then some chopped fresh tomato...
...and then the cheese!
Once the pizzas were assembled, I put them in the oven for about 12 minutes until the cheese was melty and bubbly and the pita bread was toasted.
Once the pizzas were out of the oven, I added some chopped ripe avocado and fresh cilantro.
Cut into slices and serve with some Cholula hot sauce!
This pizza is easy, delicious, and came together in less than 20 minutes, prep and cook time included. Using pita bread for the "dough" and refried beans made this easy but the fresh avocado, tomatoes and cilantro kept it from tasting too much like the chain fast food place down the street.
Fresh, delicious, and easy. What a fantastic combination.
This is perfect for a weeknight dinner, especially if it's a late one. Just because we don't have time doesn't mean we don't get to eat well. Let's cook!
Here's the recipe:
Quick and Easy Mexican Pizzas (serves 2)
- 2 pieces of Pita bread
- 1 can refried beans (you won't use it all)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Hot sauce for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread some refried beans on the pita bread. Then add the onions and tomatoes. Top with cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and the pita is toasted.
- When the pizzas are out of the oven, top with chopped avocado and cilantro.
- Serve with hot sauce if you want!
Enjoy! No slaving over a hot stove for you. You're time efficient!