Tonight it would be appropriate, if you felt so inclined, to grab a cold Shiner Bock and eat some barbecue. Brisket, preferably. No pressure, though.
In other news, here's a list of things I'll be cooking in the upcoming week:
- Joy the Baker wrote a cookbook and everyone's swooning over it! I'm making these blueberry muffins for a staff meeting on Monday.
- I'm also making Joy's shredded beef sandwiches for Sunday dinner...
- ...with homemade hamburger buns! I'm totally into this bread baking thing.
- Along with the sandwiches, I'm making forked oven-roasted potatoes. I like that they are striped. I'm big on prints.
- I'm also thinking of making these roasted chickpeas for a healthy snack throughout the week. They look crunchy, which intrigues me. And Sriracha can do no wrong.
- For weeknight meals, I'm making a pasta bake that is inspired by this divine looking lasagna, but is super simplified because generally I like to eat my dinner before midnight.
- Potato pizza will also be happening. Finally, right? What have I been waiting for?
- And just for fun, this sesame dip looks pretty interesting. I love soy sauce. Love it.
That's what I have planned for the weekend and early part of next week. Other than that, I'm taking my final MTEL (the test I have to take to become a certified teacher) and with the rest of my time, I'm going to relax. I think it will be a lovely.